Sunday, January 24, 2010

Applied Metaphysics

Spirituality and Healing class of 2010 began yesterday and so far I have gained so much insight into problems I have been dealing with for over a year.

Growing up, I attended a Christian Science church. I looked forward to going to Sunday school every week mostly to be with friends but looking back now I can recall the feelings that I got from going to church and they were good.
I appreciate what Christian Science taught me. The teaching that stands out most in my memory is that God is Love. I was never told that God was a punishing God or that I was going to any sort of hell because sin, disease, and death were considered unreal in Truth. Truth being a synonym for God. Christian Science teaches that we are the reflection of God. Then we have to ask ourselves; What is God? In the bible it teaches alot about God, some of it good some of it bad. It can be quite confusing when you read a story that portrays God to be this almighty punisher, teaching you a lesson on how to be good and go to heaven, when in another place it teaches quite the opposiet. I have chosen to believe that God is good and that God is All in ALL. If God is good and God is everything then all of this reality business is unreal and has no place in Spirit, God. If the truth of my being is that I am the image and likeness of God and God is Love, then I must also at my very core be Love.
In the bible, Jesus teaches in John 14:16 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me;" Whether or not I believe that all the stories in the bible are based in truth is unimportant to me. We can learn from anything and everything if we are open to it. For me, Jesus was this perfect example of Love, of God. He as well as you and I are the image and likeness, the expressions of God. Jesus healed the sick because he knew that with his whole heart. He knew the truth about everyone. Jesus beheld the perfect man, and this is what healed. He did not see the person as having a disease, or lacking anything. So now we have to use applied Metaphysics to help us to do the same for ourselves and our world, but we first have to know the truth. The truth is, is that God is spiritual, therefore we are spiritual too. God cannot have a disease, so truly we cannot either. But say we are not feeling well and we are experiencing these symptoms, its very hard to ignore them, but we should do our best to know the truth which is we are truly not physical beings, we are spiritual beings and we do not have bodies to be sick. Changing our thoughts about something heals us; healing our thoughts first brings about a healing change in our lives.

This works for everything.

Jesus was not just saying that you must believe in him to have access to heaven. He was teaching that we have within us the same power that God bestowed upon him. But realizing who we are is the "Way" and knowing that "Truth" gives us real "Life".

This is what I am working with right now. And also I am learning how to listen when God is speaking.
In Christian Science there are synonyms for God and they are all represented by an upper case letter. Mind, Soul, Spirit, Life, Truth, Love and Principle. God is all of these. There are many attributes as well such as under Mind there is all the things that Mind represents, its intelligent, quick, stable, aware, conscious. Love is kind, compassionate, thoughtful, not quick to anger. Spirit is free, flowing, energy. So you use these thoughts to heal whatever is wrong. Scientists are discovering now that what we are thinking affects us more than we realize. What kinds of thoughts are we having that we are not even aware of? I tell myself crap all the time. My oatmeal story is a great example. And as a matter of fact, ever since I became more aware of the foods that I am putting into my body and my thoughts about them, I have felt more nourished and pleased by what I am eating. I am also feeling satisfied with less. Just something I have noticed.

Applied Metaphysics is really helping me to create a life that I love. I am gratefull for what I have learned and what I continue to learn. My heart is open.

Sunday school is dismissed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment